Thursday, May 30, 2013

Preperation and Anticipation

My work in India will not begin until July, when I fly into Bangalore and settle in at the Indian Institute of Science. A few PhD students from the Centre for Ecological Science have welcomed me into their own research, both in the lab at the ISS and field stations near the wildlife sanctuaries and national parks of Mudumalai and Kodagu. Working alongside these PhD students around issues of elephant-human interaction will give me more background information and technical experience to aid in my own survey research, which is focused around how urban citizens in Bangalore view elephant conservation and interaction compared to views of people living in less urban areas closer to the wildlife areas. I am anxiously anticipating the weeks to come in which I will be in India. Until then, I continue my preparation, gathering every possible thing I may need while abroad, including a number of quite fashionable ponchos and rain gear since I will be in India during the monsoon season. More to come with updates of preparations and travel. Can't wait to  find myself in the bustling color and culture of India!

No comments:

Post a Comment