Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I am leaving in two days... credit card companies have been warned, vaccines have been absorbed, and medicines have been bought in preparation for the inevitable travelers diarrhea. Now it is time to download the many bollywood films that friends have recommended and brush up on my elementary Hindi that friends have been teaching me. After that, its up to Vishnu and Shiva, the preserver and destroyer in the Hindu tradition to decide my fate as I prepare to board the plane to Mumbai.

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the Center for South Asian studies for their support and monetary scholarship that has made this trip possible. Thank you to Zilka Joseph, Gloria Caudill and Nancy Becker. I will try my best to make you proud!

See you in India!

No comments:

Post a Comment